Sunday, July 1, 2012

3 Important Ways You Can Achieve Laser Focus

Can you believe we are entering into the second half of 2012? Hopefully, you are closely monitoring your progress this year and have been able to cross off some completed goals from your list.  Daily planning is a crucial way of accomplishing your girls. I, for one, am learning to do a better job of planning my day so I can get that much closer to accomplishing my goals this year.  It's such a great feeling to have accomplished something.  So here are some tools you can add to  your toolbox for staying focused.

Tag Team
One way is to find a partner to which you can be accountable.  Meet weekly and discuss your long-term goals, short-term goals and discuss your status on completed goals for that week.
This can help motivate you knowing you'll have to provide some kind of status report that week.  It's also a great way to get feedback on current projects.  For example, my best friend and I, meet regularly to discuss our writing projects.  We motivate each other to keep going and the positive energy generated in these meetings sometimes inspire new projects.

Pocket List
Keep a list of your goals on and index card and carry around with you everywhere you go.  I actually have a million dollar bill that has my goals written on it, which I carry in my bra. Hey, whatever works for you, right?  It's a daily reminder of what I'm working towards and everytime I remember it's there I make a conscious decision to smile and give thanks that my goals have been completed. 

Visioneer
Design your life.  Take a moment in the morning, when your subconscious mind is most susceptible to suggestion, to visualize in all 5 senses the life of your dreams.  Be very specific.  Your subconscious doesn't know it's not real.  Do this again before you go to sleep.

These techniques are highly effective.  Soon the year will be over and you'll be sitting down to create new resolutions for another highly productive year!



Here are some more effective techniques:

No comments:

Post a Comment