Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Only 3 Tips You'll Ever Need for Finding a Job Fast

So you're looking for work and want to get back on your feet as quickly as possible? Well, I've got several tips that will help you find a job a lot faster than you may think. When I was unemployed several years ago, I dug my heels in and determined to do everything in my power to get back to work. While I was it, I decided I'd find my dream job. I knew it sounded crazy, but what did I have to lose right?

I developed something what I call the


Destiny List. It has become a POWERFUL tool that I use whenever I want to achieve a breakthrough in my life. I sat down and wrote all of the things I loved to do:
1. Teach
2. Read
3. Write
4. Research
5. Technology
6. Work from home
7. Help

This list made me feel good though I had no idea, at the time, the power of intentionally sitting down and being specific about what I wanted. Not only was my time without work more pleasant than I had expected, but I found my dream job- or rather my dream job found me. I had actually started working with another excellent company when I was offered  the job of a lifetime with the largest business telecommunications company in the world as a technical instructor. And of course the job included all of things that I loved to do! It has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. Now don't get me wrong, the process wasn't overnight but the day I decided to settle for what I deserved and not what I saw and got specific, is really the day that job was mine.

Fake It Till You Make It
Something else I did that I believe accelerated my gainful employment was
act like I was already working.
  • I got up every morning and got dressed
  • Had lunch with my "imaginary" co-workers
  • Gave thanks for my wonderful manager
  • Gave thanks for the unlimited resources that I had access to
  • Gave thanks for the ability to lend my expertise and improve performance, results or quality
  • I studied and researched the latest telecommunications technology
I even wrote an article to help others learn how to find a job quickly even when I hadn't found one yet! It was another way for me to act like I had already found a job. I even budgeted my bills with my "new" paycheck on a bi-weekly basis. I was so busy "acting" like I was working that when a family member asked me how my job search was going, I momentarily forgot I was still job searching. I had gotten to the point where I had convinced myself I was working.

Feel Good
How do you know that what you're doing is working? BECAUSE YOU FEEL GOOD!
Don't forget to feeeeeeel good as you're looking for work. Feel that every thing you are doing RIGHT now is getting you one step closer to working. Feel good that you are busy.  Feel good that some company somewhere is looking for someone with your exact skills! Feel good that God hasn't forgotten you and every available resource is yours now. I don't care if people think you are crazy.  I guarantee if you follow these steps and stay feeling good (not stressed, depressed, frustrated, bitter, jealous, angry) you WILL find a job fast. Get happy. Get excited. Jump up and down! Act like you just got a call with a job offer. You have to get busy and productive.

I believe these strategies kept me distracted from complaining and worrying which create delays and struggle in the job seekers life and instead opened me up to the best case scenario. There are a lot of things you can do to show the universe you are ready for your new job.  Setting your intention, feeling like you're already working and being grateful are three of the most effective means of getting back to work.

Now get busy!

If these tips helped you, would you leave a comment? It can encourage my other visitors and that encouragement is contagious! There are a multitude of books you can read on Amazon that can help you in your job search. Some are even free. If you want to accelerate your results grab my book The Little Book of Breakthrough which will help you stay laser-focused.

Let me be the first to Congratulate You In Advance! You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment